The Teddy Girl | Fashion

Saturday, 14 February 2015



I apologize in advance for the horrible quality photos, my camera decided to go crazy so I had to use my phone instead..

So first things first. I've fallen in love with the teddy girl's fashion sense. Im thinking of doing a full post on them soon so stay tuned!! But a quick summary is that the teddy boys and girls were a subculture of working class young men and women in London during the 1950s that had a really cool unique style that mixed the normal 1950s fashion with edwardian pieces. When I saw some pictures of them (google them, you won't regret it) I thought their style was so close to mine its what Ive been dreaming of! Its the perfect combination of feminine and badass! I decided to attempt to create a modern day take on their style, so here it is and I absolutely love it!! 






Red Checkered Shirt - Old Navy
Black Cardigan - Gap
Black Midi Skirt - Rosie the Rebel 
Shoes - Asos
Neck Ribbon Thingy - just a strip of fabric that was hanging around... 

My camera couldn't really take a decent picture of the shoes but they are so great! They have a brown tortoise shell pattern with a funky black platform heel. They'll for sure be featured in another outfit post because they're the coolest shoes I've ever owned!! Hopefully my camera will work by then! :) 

Thanks so much for reading! 


2 comments:

  1. Randomly found your blog and can’t express how I like it!
    It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this on you, you looks amazing! I also LOVE you hair, would love to see a post on how you style it!

    Chloe
    Candidly Chloe xx

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs