One Of Those Nights | My Fears

Monday 28 July 2014

Oh boy. Its one of those nights when I just can't sleep... too much on my mind. I guess a lot of it has to do with school approaching soon (one last sacred month). I mentioned it before, but I go to an art school, which is magnificent but also extremely stressful. 
You know when you love doing something so much it's painful to think of doing anything else? That's me with my singing. My blog is brand new so you guys don't know much about me, but I'm a classical singer and I'm majoring in musical theater. It feels like I've been singing all my life. It's the one thing I'm really good at. The one thing that sets me apart from the rest. I'm not a straight A student nor am I a star athlete. I am a singer.
But you see, that's the problem, I don't think I could really enjoy doing anything else. Do you know how hard it is to make a career out of singing? It terrifies me to think about all the competition there is in this profession. I'm just some shy awkward teenager. I'm not out for blood. All I want to do is sing and perform and maybe just for a few hours take peoples minds off of their troubles. A lot of people hate musicals because they find them too "fluffy" or "corny" , but what they fail to understand is that that's the whole point of them. They're there to help you escape. I feel happy when I watch a musical because it's a symbol of positivity and hope. ( I know, I know, I'm generalizing. Some musicals are pretty depressing. But you get it, right?). 
But anyways, I will conclude with this quote. Now although it doesn't fit my situation perfectly I found it quite comforting and rather inspiring. I don't have a craving for greatness nor do I truly know if I'm destined for any. But that last half is what I loved most.  

Goodnight Guys <3 



My oh my, did I ever get a lot off my shoulders... 
Tell me in the comments what you think and if you have the same worries about your future :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger · Designed by Pish and Posh Designs